We appreciate your interest in WeBookCare and your interest in providing exceptional care services. We understand that you may have questions about your job and the onboarding process. In this article, we aim to address the common inquiries that Health Care Workers might have when considering a job with WeBookCare.
WeBookCare offers Health Care Workers a range of opportunities, whether they're seeking volunteer positions, sponsorship, employment, or the flexibility of freelance work. You can select jobs from families seeking private care or WeBookCare's enterprise contract jobs. Our aim is to empower Health Care Workers to fulfill their professional aspirations and career goals while making a positive impact on the lives of clients, which could include your own.
Question 1: Will I have to sign a contract, and what does it entail?
Question 2: What is my employment status with WeBookCare?
With WeBookCare, you can choose to work as an employee, volunteer, sponsored Health Care Worker or freelancer on our platform, which means that you have a certain level of flexibility and control over your work.
Here's what being a freelancer with WeBookCare entails:
- Flexibility in Job Selection: As a freelancer, you have the autonomy to choose the jobs you want to work. This means that you can review job offers and decide which ones align with your schedule, care services, preferences, and expertise. WeBookCare provides you with a variety of opportunities, and you are not obligated to accept any particular job.
- Setting Your Rates: You have the freedom to set your own rates for the private care services you provide. This allows you to determine your compensation based on your skills, experience, and the market demand for your care services. WeBookCare respects your ability to establish competitive rates that reflect your value as a Health Care Worker. Enterprise jobs with WeBookCare start at $26.30/hr.
- Availability Management: Your availability is a key factor in the jobs you choose to take on. You can update your availability on our platform, indicating when you are open to accepting jobs. This ensures that you have control over your work-life balance and can take time off as needed.
- Care Services: You have the opportunity to offer a range of care services based on your qualifications and expertise. Whether you specialise in specific fields or provide general care services, you can tailor your offerings to match your skills and interests.
- Independent Contractor Status: As a freelancer, you are considered an independent contractor rather than a traditional employee. This means that you are responsible for managing your own taxes. WeBookCare provides you with the platform and opportunities, but you have the independence to handle these aspects independently.
- Tax deductions: As a freelancer, you have many benefits when deducting expenses such as your mobile phone and vehicle. Read this article for more information.
Question 3: Am I able to pick my start time?
We understand that personal commitments and unforeseen circumstances may arise. If you require an adjustment to your start date, please send a request if it is different than what the job offers. While the Care Seeker will aim to accommodate your needs, the feasibility of delaying your start date may depend on various factors, including discharge dates, client needs and the schedule. Open communication with the Care Seeker will help to find a suitable solution.
Question 4: Am I able to pick where I want to work?
WeBookCare strives to match Health Care Workers with jobs based on their location, care services, credentials and availability. While we cannot guarantee specific locations, we do our best to accommodate your preferences whenever possible. When considering a job, you'll have the opportunity to view details such as the care location, health care setting, position, rates, schedule, hours per week, job type, employment classification, and care services before you accept it.
WeBookCare is dedicated to fostering a positive and productive work environment for our Health Care Workers. We hope that this FAQ article has provided valuable insights into the common questions you may have as you consider when accepting a job. If you have additional inquiries or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to your Care Coordination Team. We look forward to welcoming you to our community of dedicated Health Care Workers.
Thank you for choosing WeBookCare!