We strive to provide Health Care Workers and users of care with the resources to make informed decisions regarding who they interact with on WeBookCare. WeBookCare offers several features that help cultivate a transparent community marketplace, including our secure messaging system, reviews, online payments, and more. At WeBookCare, we want to build the world's most trusted healthcare community. To help ensure our users' safety, we dedicate a knowledgeable and experienced team to monitor any suspicious activity in our marketplace. If you encounter an emergency, or if your personal safety is threatened, contact local police or emergency services immediately. You can help our efforts by reporting suspicious or inappropriate activity on a user’s profile or messages by reporting a user right in the app.
Health Care Worker Basic Requirements
To help create a nurturing and trusted care service platform, we ask all WeBookCare Health Care Workers to meet four basic requirements and four performance expectations for signing up. All WeBookCare Health Care Workers must meet these basic requirements to accept jobs.
- Be 18 or older
- Create a detailed profile
- Consent to an enhanced criminal record check
- Eligible to work in Canada
Health Care Workers can work as volunteers, employees, independent contractors or as internationally educated healthcare professionals requiring sponsorship. This means Health Care Workers have a variety of employment classification options on WeBookCare.
Health Care Worker Performance Expectations
In addition to meeting the four basic requirements, we ask all Health Care Workers to uphold five performance expectations for:
acceptance of jobs
WeBookCare’s Health and Safety Program
Your loved one deserves safe, high-quality health care when and where they need it. This is our standard. WeBookCare's Health and Safety program is a quality and safety plan framework for consistency in caring for you with the highest standards of excellence.
Look for the WeBookCare Verified Badge for Health Care Workers who have passed their enhanced criminal record check.
Connecting Health Care Workers with the opportunities they need, and the care their clients deserve.
- Detailed Profiles- Health Care Workers outline workplace preferences, yrs. experience, qualifications, care services and credentials such as degrees, diplomas, certificates and professional development courses to ensure compatibility
- Workplace Health and Wellness-Health Care Workers can upload medical clearance, vaccination records & TB Test results
- Search filters-innovative smart matching technology to connect Health Care Workers with families according to search criteria
- Enhanced Criminal Record Check through a third-party screening vendor with optional background checks available
- Care Advice from licensed nurses to help set up care services and for ongoing support
- WeBookCare Health Care Worker Insurance from a third-party insurance provider
- Meet and Greets- schedule a meet and greet with the job provider before you get started
- Continuing Education & Training-Our Education Centre provides access to the Health Care Worker program and courses, the latest practices, tips, safety and health protocols
- Quality Care- Electronic Visit Verification (EVV), task tracking, choice in compatible Health Care Workers, technology and isolation solutions, & dedicated customer support staff 24/7 to answer questions
- Accessibility-Online platform allows families to communicate, hire, and manage their own care seamlessly for 50% less than a traditional home care agency-no middleman.
- Open communication-direct communication between the Health Care Worker and the family
- Performance Ratings-Health Care Workers’ performance is rated for other Care Seekers to read
- Secure Online payments
Supervision-clock ins, clock-outs, geo-location tracking, digital care plan task tracking and visibility to family
Employment Status-payroll and tax management as an independent contractor or employee
Optional background checks-drivers abstract, credential, reference and employment checks
Video Bio of Health Care Workers
Continuous Learning-online courses such as medication management, partnerships with post-secondary institutions and other training providers